Google Picasa is badly broken...

I've been using Google Picasa for a few years as my main source of photo management and backup tool. All photos get sync'd to the cloud to Picasa Web Albums, which also allows me to access them from any where directly on my Android phone via the in built Gallery application.

The problem is, Picasa is in a very bad situation. I have tagged people in my photos, but I'm seeing multiple contact entries getting created within Picasa and because t it syncs with my Google Contacts, I end up with 3 sometimes 4 duplicate contacts.

I don't have many contacts - around 100 - so its not to big a job to merge them. But here is the killer problem with Picasa. Whenever I start Picasa it recreates the missing contacts and then re-assigns photos back to them, even if I've already assigned them to the correct contact.

It makes no difference if I sort the contacts when Picasa is open or when it is closed. There are many people out there that are having the same issue.

Google, please listen to your Picasa users when they tell you its broken and fix it! PLEASE!! :(

There are lots of news on the web that Google are changing Picasa to become something along the lines of Google Photo to better integrate with Google+, which I think will be cool, but I can't use Picasa  now and waiting for a product we know very little about, or even if its real, is painful.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX PICASA GOOGLE!!!

Neil

0 Comments